- 16-private bed cardiac telemetry step-down unit located on the tenth floor of Jane Phillips Medical Center offers privacy for each patient and their families. To help make hospitalization as pleasant as possible, each room is equipped with a recliner, telephone, nurse call light, fl at screen TV, and cable. The unit is fully operated and staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Patients are monitored by bedside cardiac and 12 lead EKG monitoring, blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm, and respirations monitoring and pulse oximetry that provides 24-hour monitoring of the heart's activity.
- The unit was designed by nursing staff and physicians to accommodate an effective workflow for the staff and the needs of our patients who require close monitoring.
- Provides state-of-the-art cardiac monitoring for patients with chest pain, congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathy, and pre- and post-procedure care such as SPECT scan, cardiac catheterization, permanent pacemaker and automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillators implantation, and interventional cardiac procedures—STENT and PTCA.
- The patient care staff consists of registered nurses with training and experience in cardiac care and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, unit secretaries, certified nursing assistants, and technicians. The staff works closely with the cardiologists and their staff, and other physicians who are committed to meeting the medical and clinical care needs of our patients. The patient-to staff ratio is 4–to–1. The staff is trained to be attentive and responsive to the unique needs of each heart patient and their family.
- Modern nursing station is outfitted with the latest in cardiac monitoring, nurse call lights, and is easily accessible to visitors and family members entering the unit.
- The medication room features a pneumatic tube system for receiving medications from the pharmacy and sending blood specimens to the laboratory. The staff utilizes a bar code medication verification system to ensure accuracy in dispensing and administering medications to patients at the bedside.
- Conference/education room for staff and to provide patient education.
- Consultation room allowing privacy to physicians/staff to consult with family members.
- A beautifully decorated waiting room equipped with phones and flat screen TV.
- Computer alcoves to allow for staff to complete patient charting.
- Nourishment center for patients and family members.
- ADA compliant restrooms.
The Nursing Unit's phone number is 918/331-1995.